TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2015, 11:30 AM   #5221
JumboTech
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 7
Watching pulled pyTivo shows on phone with Tivo Android app

Hi everyone,

First, many thanks to everyone associated with pyTivo. Reading this forum thread, I went from being interested to thinking it looked good to trying pyTivo and have ended up having a lot of fun.

I appreciate all the hard work you guys put in so that we could benefit.

Second, if I pull a program to my Roamio using pyTivo should I be able to stream it on my cell phone? The pull works great and is a VideoReDo edited Mpeg 2 file from a Tivo original but the Tivo Android cell phone app only has the option to "play on TV" not on the phone whereas the original non edited file could be streamed to the phone.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

JumboTech

JumboTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 01:03 PM   #5222
lpwcomp
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: John's Creek, Georgia
Posts: 6,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumboTech View Post
Hi everyone,

First, many thanks to everyone associated with pyTivo. Reading this forum thread, I went from being interested to thinking it looked good to trying pyTivo and have ended up having a lot of fun.

I appreciate all the hard work you guys put in so that we could benefit.

Second, if I pull a program to my Roamio using pyTivo should I be able to stream it on my cell phone? The pull works great and is a VideoReDo edited Mpeg 2 file from a Tivo original but the Tivo Android cell phone app only has the option to "play on TV" not on the phone whereas the original non edited file could be streamed to the phone.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

JumboTech
The Android app won't stream any transferred recordings.

__________________
James L. Sutherland
"You know TiVo users. Bunch of b****y little girls" TiVoAxe

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 02:06 PM   #5223
JumboTech
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
The Android app won't stream any transferred recordings.
Darn it. I thought someone might say that but I was hoping it could be overcome by changing a metadata line or something.

Thanks for the response though........

JumboTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 02:56 PM   #5224
lpwcomp
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: John's Creek, Georgia
Posts: 6,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumboTech View Post
Darn it. I thought someone might say that but I was hoping it could be overcome by changing a metadata line or something.

Thanks for the response though........
The real question is: Is it a bug, a design flaw, or deliberate. The iPhone/Pad app can do it.

__________________
James L. Sutherland
"You know TiVo users. Bunch of b****y little girls" TiVoAxe

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 03:15 PM   #5225
JumboTech
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
The real question is: Is it a bug, a design flaw, or deliberate. The iPhone/Pad app can do it.
Well if that's the case, it must be overcome......

JumboTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 05:23 PM   #5226
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless
 
wmcbrine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,481
In light of the continuing SourceForge outages, I've registered pytivo.org. Currently it just redirects to my GitHub page for pyTivo.

__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks For This Post:
Old 07-22-2015, 06:34 PM   #5227
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless
 
wmcbrine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,481
SourceForge forum and wiki are back alive.

__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks For This Post:
Old 07-22-2015, 06:39 PM   #5228
Lurker1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
SourceForge forum and wiki are back alive.
Even so, I don't trust them any more since they started taking over projects without notice and inserting adware.

Lurker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:36 PM   #5229
rich97702
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3
Partial Recordings

What a Terrific program! I've been using it for three months now. Thanks so much.

I've searched for a problem I was sure had come up--no luck.

Can someone tell me why programs I try to pull from my Tivo Premier often transfer only part of the program? I've had this problem from the beginning. The programs are live broadcasts, about 4 hrs long (32-33GB), some transfer in full, some don't. The ones that do not transfer completely are completed mpg files and are watchable, they just end early. Retries are the identical shortened length.
Thanks for any help, including directing me to the appropriate thread.
R


Last edited by rich97702; 07-24-2015 at 05:54 PM.
rich97702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 03:55 PM   #5230
lpwcomp
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: John's Creek, Georgia
Posts: 6,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich97702 View Post
What a Terrific program! I've been using it for three months now. Thanks so much.

I've searched for a problem I was sure had come up--no luck.

Can someone tell me why programs I try to pull from my Tivo Premier often transfer only part of the program? I've had this problem from the beginning. The programs are live broadcasts, about 4 hrs long (32-33GB), some transfer in full, some don't. The ones that do not transfer completely are completed mpg files and are watchable, they just end early. Retries are the identical shortened length.
Thanks for any help, including directing me to the appropriate thread.
R
View the recording(s) on the TiVo at the point that the transfer failed. You'll usually see a video "glitch". It may be almost imperceptible and on a couple of occasions I couldn't see any problem at all. There's nothing that pyTivo can do about it. It is the TiVo that is aborting the transfer.

You might want to take a look at kmttg. It has the ability to transfer from a pause point so that you can position the recording after the "glitch" and transfer the rest of it. If you're lucky, the problem is within a commercial.

__________________
James L. Sutherland
"You know TiVo users. Bunch of b****y little girls" TiVoAxe

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 05:29 PM   #5231
gonzotek
tivo_xml developer
 
gonzotek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Outside Phildadelphia
Posts: 2,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcbrine View Post
In light of the continuing SourceForge outages, I've registered pytivo.org. Currently it just redirects to my GitHub page for pyTivo.
What do you think of porting the wiki over to github? I've just exported all the pages and images from the sf mediawiki, and it looks like enough of the markup is the same for GitHub that it won't be too much trouble to fix up. If you wanted, I could take the time to put it all into a forked pytivo repo, making sure links are clean and everything is working well, and then do a pull request on your branch...or we could just keep documentation as a separate project if that's preferable. I spent a lot of time improving the windows install page (and hoped to eventually do similar work with OSX, Raspberry Pi, and some other NAS-type devices), and I really don't like the idea of some random SourceForge issue eating all that work.

Either way, by putting them on github, they could more easily be downloaded/backed up/moved to a new host via git. Mediawiki doesn't have great export tools (at least not if you're not the site admin).

__________________
Follow @pytivo on Twitter for project updates and more!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
A Web app for Roku Remote Control
gonzotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:56 PM   #5232
rich97702
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3
Partial Recordings

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
View the recording(s) on the TiVo at the point that the transfer failed. You'll usually see a video "glitch". It may be almost imperceptible and on a couple of occasions I couldn't see any problem at all. There's nothing that pyTivo can do about it. It is the TiVo that is aborting the transfer.

You might want to take a look at kmttg. It has the ability to transfer from a pause point so that you can position the recording after the "glitch" and transfer the rest of it. If you're lucky, the problem is within a commercial.
Thank you for the alternative--I'll try that next.
R

UPDATE: Partial recordings are addressed in a kmttg Wiki at sourceforge.net/p/kmttg/wiki/Resume_Downloads/


Last edited by rich97702; 07-24-2015 at 05:53 PM.
rich97702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump







Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Advertisements





TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media


(C) 2015 DBNet - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:25 AM.
Page generated in 0.08710003 seconds (62.46% PHP - 37.54% MySQL) with 19 queries