TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-14-2015, 09:39 AM   #7921
moyekj

Don't know... If you search for Justified on TiVo itself is it returning matches associated with channel 741?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 10:13 AM   #7922
rgr

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Don't know... If you search for Justified on TiVo itself is it returning matches associated with channel 741?
Hadn't thought of that, but no, nothing is showing.

On hold with TiVo now and they are trying to track it down. I'll let you know what they find.

Apologies for not checking that. OnePasses and Wishlists record what they should so I assumed everything fine on TiVo side. Have gotten so used to using kmttg for searches, I thought that's where the problem lay.

rgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:33 PM   #7923
rgr

Quote:
Looks like it's resolved now. TiVo support had me redo a Guided Setup that didn't fix the issue. Then they had me do a "Clear Program Information & To Do List" - and that WORKED! They did warn me that sometimes that deletes OnePasses so I coped them using kmttg as a backup.

YMMV but if this happens again that's the first thing I'll try.

Thanks again for your help, attention, and of course, for the great application.

rgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 10:01 PM   #7924
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky24 View Post
Woo-hoo! Thank you incredibly much for that, as well as your overall stellar work on the app. Your priorities, and your time and effort are obviously yours to determine.

I came here just trying to humbly noodge something up your 'To Do' list, and now I find I may have made an, admittedly small, actual productive contribution to your kickass software. Who knew?
On closer look "collectionSearch" is missing some key things currently in Search++ form such as subtitle, subtitle keyword, description and advanced keywords with and/or operations. i.e. A substantial chunk of what makes up Search++ is missing, so it doesn't look to be feasible replacement.

Old 04-15-2015, 10:22 AM   #7925
chucky24

It's Just a Simple 'Person' Search That Picks Up Everything

Quote:
On closer look "collectionSearch" is missing some key things currently in Search++ form such as subtitle, subtitle keyword, description and advanced keywords with and/or operations. i.e. A substantial chunk of what makes up Search++ is missing, so it doesn't look to be feasible replacement.
No doubt. Given my understanding even prior to your clarification here, I was most definitely not thinking of this as a replacement for Search++.

It seems a far different beast than Search++. It's obviously more limited in the exact ways you are outlining. But it's also significantly more powerful in its ability to pick up all titles for a given actor or director, from the multicast, from OTT, from VOD, and from currently unavailable titles too. (It's most akin to the current 'title' search in the main search box, which my completely uneducated guess says uses the same "collectionSearch".)

Assuming "collectionSearch" can pick up all the info you can get from an 'On the TiVo' search on a person, which my uneducated guess would indicate it can, it seems as if it would be a highly useful alternative to Search++ for quite a number of users and use-case-scenarios. (Hence why I noted that in terms of potential implementation, it seems likely as if it should be a completely different tab or dialog box than Search++. Perhaps the simplest implementation could take the form of a drop-down menu in the main search box for choosing between 'title', 'actor', 'director', 'producer', or 'all'; or something along those lines. Though a separate 'person' search tab would allow for another field in the table for the person's role.) I know it would be highly useful for me, and I can't believe I'm anywhere close to alone in that.

But as stated, your priorities, and your time and effort are obviously yours to determine.

chucky24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 06:30 PM   #7926
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Using 1.1m, when trying to refresh the NPL on the S3, I get these errors.

RPC error response:
{
"code": "middlemindError",
"cause": {
"code": "routeNotFound",
"text": "Could not find route for recordingFolderItemSearch",
"type": "middlemindErrorCause"
},
"text": "middlemindError",
"type": "error"
}

But, when using v1.1L, the process works fine.

OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 06:53 PM   #7927
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
Using 1.1m, when trying to refresh the NPL on the S3, I get these errors.

RPC error response:
{
"code": "middlemindError",
"cause": {
"code": "routeNotFound",
"text": "Could not find route for recordingFolderItemSearch",
"type": "middlemindErrorCause"
},
"text": "middlemindError",
}

But, when using v1.1L, the process works fine.
I don't have an S3 to test with anymore so don't really consider it when making RPC updates. I'll have to see if I can try and fix it "blindly" without an S3 to test with if you can give me some help testing it?

Old 04-15-2015, 07:59 PM   #7928
moyekj

ThAbtO, see if kmttg.jar in this zip file works for your S3:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0S...ew?usp=sharing

Old 04-15-2015, 08:18 PM   #7929
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
ThAbtO, see if kmttg.jar in this zip file works for your S3:
RPC error response:
{
"code": "authenticationFailed",
"text": "Failed calling IT mind with 'login': ProcessITMindRequest caught 'Number of retries (1) exceeded: last error: PostString failed: Curl error: a timeout was reached (28). Url: https://www8.tivo.com/authinternal/mindLite2?type=login'",
}
rpc Auth error - null

Initial NPL load went fine, but on a second refresh, got that error. (Can't blame the program for that one). Additional NPL refreshes went fine. TY.

OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:46 AM   #7930
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky24 View Post
Given my understanding even prior to your clarification here, I was most definitely not thinking of this as a replacement for Search++.
Try kmttg.jar in this zip file:
I added "Type" cyclic to Search tab where you can now choose one of:
keywords, actor, director, producer, executiveProducer, writer

keywords choice gives you the traditional title/subtitle/description searches but you can select one of the roles instead to search for and it will work with the streaming and unavailable search options.

Old 04-16-2015, 10:34 AM   #7931
chucky24

Quote:
Try kmttg.jar in this zip file
Splendiferous!

Tried a brief test on multiple directors and actors, and it works like a charm! 'Recording' OTT titles derived from these searches as bookmarks also works perfectly.

You're the bestest, moyekj. With any luck whatsoever, I won't be nearly the only one who finds great utility from this. (And all praise due for my never having to mess with doing these cumbersome searches via the ten-foot interface anymore!)

Half of why I love TiVo comes from Alviso. And the other half comes from you.

chucky24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 11:35 AM   #7932
elprice7345

Changing "Get in HD" Preference Fails

I try to change the "Get in HD" Preference for one of my SPs through kmttg and I get the following error:
Code:
RPC error response:
{
   "code": "badArgument",
   "debug": "Perhaps you're not providing all the required fields.",
   "text": "Request doesn't conform to the schema.",
}
Edit: I think I found the problem. I was trying to change the HD preference for a WL. It works for a regular SP.

Any chance you could add the HD preference to the current table? Or for that matter all the SP options that are available for changing through kmttg?

Last edited by elprice7345; 04-17-2015 at 11:42 AM.
elprice7345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 10:44 PM   #7933
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by elprice7345 View Post
Edit: I think I found the problem. I was trying to change the HD preference for a WL. It works for a regular SP.
I think I have SP Option form and modification of wishlist types fixed for next release (broken with addition of OnePass options).

Old 04-18-2015, 07:09 PM   #7934
moyekj

v1.1n version released

v1.1n is now released. Contains enhancement to Remote Search tab discussed above as well as several RPC related fixes. See release_notes for full details.

Old 04-19-2015, 01:20 PM   #7935
witwar

Remoteinit

Hi. I'm a longtime non technical user (about 5 years) but am having trouble with one installation of KMMTG on a Mac Mini (mid 2010) running Yosemite. It will record off the particular Series 2 when manually started but won't record automatically. KMMTG on a separate Macbook Pro works perfectly with this same tivo.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

The error returned is:
RemoteInit - (IP=10.0.1.179, port=1413): Operation timed out [java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method), java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSock etImpl.java:345), java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPl ainSocketImpl.java:206), java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocket Impl.java:188), java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392), java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:589), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.connect(SSLSocketImpl.java:64 9), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl. <init>(SSLSocketImpl.java:409), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketFactoryImpl.createSocket(SSLSocket FactoryImpl.java:88), com.tivo.kmttg.rpc.Remote.RemoteInit(Remote.java:182), com.tivo.kmttg.rpc.Remote.<init> (Remote.java:148), com.tivo.kmttg.main.config.initRemote(config.java:601), com.tivo.kmttg.task.remote$1AutoThread.run(remote.java:57), java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)]

witwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 01:59 PM   #7936
moyekj

witwar, if the TiVo is a series 2 then in kmttg config-Tivos tab you should NOT select option "Enable iPad style communications with this TiVo" for it since that's only for series 4 or later TiVos. Make sure to turn that off, then restart kmttg.

Thanks For This Post:
Old 04-19-2015, 07:30 PM   #7937
Bill Zigrang

After many years, can't get it to run.

I'm having a new problem after the latest update (after several years of success with kmttg.)

Now, when I launch the program (either from the program folder or a shortcut), a black screen (like a CMD screen) flashes briefly, then nothing. I've so far done the following:

a.)removed all java installs and installed ONLY jre1.8_45 (32-bit)

b) removed and reinstalled kmttg under C:\kmttg (previously worked FINE under C:\Program Files (x86)\kmttg)

c.) deleted .kmttg_settings from user file

d.) performed the "Association Setting" Step 4 under the Windows Installation instructions (running CMD as administrator)

e.) Tried to run the whole shebang in safe mode

f.) ran "Install kmttg service.bat" manually, to make sure that happened

g.) just checked & tried to start the service manually, which wouldn't start with an error message of "The kmttg service terminated with service-specific error Incorrect function.."

Of course, I've restarted the computer several times during all this mumbo-jumbo, but still get the same result. I'm running under Win& HP sp1, 64-bit. My browser does have No-Script installed, but the browser isn't running.
??Any Suggestions??

Zig

Last edited by Bill Zigrang; 04-19-2015 at 07:40 PM.
Bill Zigrang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 07:42 PM   #7938
moyekj

Bill, start a "cmd" shell, then:
cd c:\kmttg
kmttg.jar

If the Java association is setup properly that should launch kmttg. If there is no association then still from command line try:
java -jar kmttg.jar

That should work if java is in your path. If not in your search path, then use full path to java.exe such as:
"c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8_45\bin\java.exe" -jar kmttg.jar

That last one should certainly work even without java associations or java in your search path. If there is still an error at least you should be able to see what error is being spit out at that point.

Old 04-19-2015, 07:51 PM   #7939
Bill Zigrang

Smile

First try resulted in "Could not find or load main class C:\kmttg\kmttg.jar"

The second suggestion did it however. Thankyewverymuch. ??Can I undelete my configuration file, seeing as how I've changed the program location?

ADDENDUM: I spoke too soon; only using the CMD "java -jar kmttg.jar" allows the program to start.

Zig

Last edited by Bill Zigrang; 04-19-2015 at 08:17 PM.
Old 04-19-2015, 08:21 PM   #7940
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Zigrang View Post
ADDENDUM: I spoke too soon; only using the CMD "java -jar kmttg.jar" allows the program to start.
That means the way Java was installed was incomplete without registering proper file association and putting Java in your path. What you could do though is just create a shortcut on your desktop which executes:
javaw.exe -jar c:\kmttg\kmttg.jar

Old 04-19-2015, 08:27 PM   #7941
Bill Zigrang

Since I may be using java for other things, I think I'll first try removing/reinstalling java. Will let you know how this works out (remember, everything was previously OK with my prior java installs).

Zig

Old 04-20-2015, 12:14 AM   #7942
Bill Zigrang

Well, THAT was a disaster. Managed to make my computer almost unusable after the uninstall/restart/reinstall of Java. Luckily, I was able to go back to a System Restore point before the FUBAR (almost wasn't able to do even THAT).

Bottom line, kmttg is back under Program Files (x86)\kmttg (I know, I know), and can only be called by the CMD association. It's late here, and I don't have any pressing transfers to do. I'm going to bed, but would like to keep this subject open.

Zig

Old 04-20-2015, 01:08 PM   #7943
elprice7345

Quote:
I think I have SP Option form and modification of wishlist types fixed for next release (broken with addition of OnePass options).
Tested and fixed. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by elprice7345 View Post
Any chance you could add the HD preference to the current table? Or for that matter all the SP options that are available for changing through kmttg?

Old Yesterday, 10:08 PM   #7944
lew

audio only

Trying to use kmttg server to stream. I get about 5 minutes, audio only. FiOS. Channel is using mpeg4 and AC3. Attempting to stream from Roamio to app gives error message about unsupported format (as expected).
Edited to add I know video is encoded h264

Last edited by lew; Yesterday at 10:27 PM.
lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:29 PM   #7945
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lew View Post
Trying to use kmttg server to stream. I get about 5 minutes, audio only. FiOS. Channel is using mpeg4 and AC3. Attempting to stream from Roamio to app gives error message about unsupported format (as expected).
H.264 channels requires TS .TiVo downloads which don't work with tivodecode. And tivodecode is only decryption method which accepts stdin (the DirectShow methods don't), so there is no other choice for on-the-fly decryption.

What's happening in your case then is kmttg is using PS .TiVo download which is getting the AC3 audio fine but not the video portion. Nothing I can do about it until someone gets tivodecode to work properly with TS .TiVo files.