TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-25-2015, 04:43 PM   #7831
jimfaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by philhu View Post
Why would you want it all to be sequential? Running them as they run now uses the functions much more efficiently, allows downlaods and encodes to run concurrently. Isn't that what computers are for?

Way back, things were run concurrently, even allowing you to change the orders and sort by name or job type or a few other fields, but was removed years ago.

I download and process on a fast internal SSD based filesystem, The filesystem ends up filling up and running out of space because the other processing is much slower. If I could single thread one or 2 shows at a time it would eliminate the filesystem full errors.

jimfaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 03:29 PM   #7832
Alf Tanner
Tivo Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimfaria View Post
I download and process on a fast internal SSD based filesystem, The filesystem ends up filling up and running out of space because the other processing is much slower. If I could single thread one or 2 shows at a time it would eliminate the filesystem full errors.
You can do what I do... I have 2x850 pro 500GB Sammy drives that do all the steps before the final output file is saved to a WD Red backup drive. They dont ever seem to fill up even close to completely, but I can see how if you're doing ad cut and encode in HD especially if you had a older or slower processor that it would stack up encodes in the enqued jobs. Do you have VRD? Also, it really stacks up writes on your SSD to do all the steps on a SSD, I did 8TB of writes in one day.

Old 03-26-2015, 03:32 PM   #7833
Alf Tanner
Tivo Dude

A recent problem I had with kmttg that was solved with simple reboot of the Tivo. ''503 server busy"

I had not seen a forum post when I searched since 2009 with that problem so just in case anybody gets that error, just rebooting the tivo helped me. It started happening in my case after I was concurrently running kmttg on two different pcs.

Old 03-26-2015, 03:45 PM   #7834
Alf Tanner
Tivo Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf Tanner View Post
is it normal for videos which have been on the tivo for an extended period of time (most of these are over a year) to not copy correctly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneg View Post
No, that is not normal. It may be possible that the hard drive is failing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
I started having problems with TS transfer, even for new recordings. Had to switch to PS.
I wasn't ever able to successfully troubleshoot this problem on the computer I normally use for tivo backup. The error was something to do with the Tivo file not being able to be decrypted once it was copied over. I tried every combination of transferring via PS/TS, using and then not using VRD and nothing ever fixed it. I still cant figure out what caused it, but can rule out that the HDD is failing as a result of being able to eliminate the problem by using a different computer to copy the shows, then transfer them to the tivo output folder on my main tivo backup desktop and run VRD QS fix through kmttg from the computer with the issues copying those particular files.

Here are the steps I used that got the files backed up:
1. download via kmttg to a second computer
2. copy across network to the tivo output folder on my main computer to tivo output location
3. through kmttg selected the same shows to ''decrypt'' and ''qsfix'' using VRD
4. when kmttg saw those shows were already in the tivo output folder it skipped redownloading them and ran the VRD qs fix properly and copied the files to their final resting place on the backup drive.

When copying to the other computer, I used PS transfer and did not select any of the VRD options for decrypt/qs fix and that worked using a second computer. Why the first one didnt work remains a mystery

Quote:
Originally Posted by thread from vrd forum
http://www.videoredo.net/msgBoard/showthread.php?35198-mpeg-stream-error-Audio-Ring-Buffer-Overflow
Here was the error I was getting, but I dont think it was a vrd problem because the downloaded file wasnt even playable on the computer prior to using VRD to edit it in any way.

Old 03-26-2015, 06:25 PM   #7835
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

BTW, the reboot button in KMTTG did not work, it just locks up the Roamio.

OTA! OTA! OTA!

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:31 PM   #7836
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
It seems to work for some and not for others. It works for me. The last couple of times my Roamio Pro was in PENDING RESTART state I used kmttg to reboot and it worked fine. Last software update I also used reboot button on a Mini and an Elite unit and it worked for those too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 06:21 AM   #7837
jimfaria

Quote:
You can do what I do... .
I'm running on linux so I'm using ffmpeg. My normal processing works fine. The issue I have is after a failure of some type(power,hung process,etc). The backlog can be large. I do have the processing power to handle the pipeline just not enough storage to handle all the downloads. I know I can fix it by adding more disks but I was hoping to manage it using the software.

Thanks for you input.

jimfaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 08:44 AM   #7838
reneg

Quote:
I wasn't ever able to successfully troubleshoot this problem on the computer I normally use for tivo backup. The error was something to do with the Tivo file not being able to be decrypted once it was copied over. I tried every combination of transferring via PS/TS, using and then not using VRD and nothing ever fixed it. I still cant figure out what caused it, but can rule out that the HDD is failing as a result of being able to eliminate the problem by using a different computer to copy the shows, then transfer them to the tivo output folder on my main tivo backup desktop and run VRD QS fix through kmttg from the computer with the issues copying those particular files.

Here are the steps I used that got the files backed up:
1. download via kmttg to a second computer
2. copy across network to the tivo output folder on my main computer to tivo output location
3. through kmttg selected the same shows to ''decrypt'' and ''qsfix'' using VRD
4. when kmttg saw those shows were already in the tivo output folder it skipped redownloading them and ran the VRD qs fix properly and copied the files to their final resting place on the backup drive.

When copying to the other computer, I used PS transfer and did not select any of the VRD options for decrypt/qs fix and that worked using a second computer. Why the first one didnt work remains a mystery

Here was the error I was getting, but I dont think it was a vrd problem because the downloaded file wasnt even playable on the computer prior to using VRD to edit it in any way.
If you can transfer from one computer but not another, then I would guess there is some problem with your primary computer installation. I would start fresh on the primary computer, uninstalling Tivo Desktop, VideoRedo, & Kmtttg and then reinstalling.

reneg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 09:17 AM   #7839
Alf Tanner
Tivo Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneg View Post
If you can transfer from one computer but not another, then I would guess there is some problem with your primary computer installation. I would start fresh on the primary computer, uninstalling Tivo Desktop, VideoRedo, & Kmtttg and then reinstalling.
There has got to be a step I'm missing. I used Revo uninstaller to uninstall Java, Tivo Desktop (using the paid version), VRD and deleted everything having to do with all of those using the ''complete uninstall" except kmttg which I just deleted all the files.

It only happens with a select few videos, and so far most of them have been PBS shows. I'm wondering if I have a startup process set to delay that should be started instantly or if something having to do with how my windows startup is configured isn't properly loading something because of a process I delayed. I

Old 03-27-2015, 11:26 AM   #7840
Aero 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
same here

OTA | Netflix | Hulu+ | Amazon Prime | MLB.tv -
Aero 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 08:41 AM   #7841
philhu
User Since Day ONE!

Error running against my Roamio Plus (4tb hd)

Started to see this error with 1.1k. I've tried rebooting the tivo.

The programs load, then the remote NP List part kicks in and it dies 20 seconds in as shown.

Doesnt do it on my Premiere or TivoHD units.

The Roamio has alot stored on it (650+ programs, mostly Suggestions) FYI

Code:
>> Continuing Now Playing List from TIVO5-Roamio6 (640/682)...
https://192.168.1.14/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=/NowPlaying&Recurse=Yes&AnchorOffset=640
NPL job completed: 0:00:25
---DONE--- job=javaplaylist tivo=TIVO5-Roamio6
>> Continuing Now Playing List from TIVO5-Roamio6 (656/682)...
https://192.168.1.14/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=/NowPlaying&Recurse=Yes&AnchorOffset=656
NPL job completed: 0:00:25
>> Continuing Now Playing List from TIVO5-Roamio6 (672/682)...
https://192.168.1.14/TiVoConnect?Command=QueryContainer&Container=/NowPlaying&Recurse=Yes&AnchorOffset=672
NPL job completed: 0:00:26
There are currently no queued jobs to save.
682 SHOWS, 2465 GB USED, 1203 GB FREE
>> RUNNING 'REMOTE NP List' JOB FOR TiVo: TIVO5-Roamio6
RemoteInit - (IP=192.168.1.14, port=1413): Connection reset
[java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source), java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.InputRecord.readFully(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.InputRecord.read(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source), com.tivo.kmttg.rpc.Remote.RemoteInit(Remote.java:184), com.tivo.kmttg.rpc.Remote.<init>(Remote.java:146), com.tivo.kmttg.main.config.initRemote(config.java:600), com.tivo.kmttg.task.remote$1AutoThread.run(remote.java:57), java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)]

S2-500gb HD, 2 units-ret
TivoHD-2tb, chip mod, 2 units
Premiere-2tb JMFS
Premiere4-2tb JMFS-ret
Roamio Plus-4tb Comm Img
philhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 10:37 AM   #7842
moyekj

Do any Remote sub-tab functions work for the Roamio? The part that's failing is when attempting to obtain show information using RPC the communication with Roamio on port 1413 (the RPC communication port) is dropping. Enable "Use RPC to get NPL when possible" option under config-Program Options to see what happens.

Old 03-28-2015, 10:52 AM   #7843
moyekj

v1.1l version released

Version 1.1l just released with a couple quick fixes:
  • Fixed sorting related issues for Thumbs table that would break functionality and also fixed RATING column sorting.
  • The Season Pass right menu item and corresponding "p" keyboard shortcuts were not working in Remote Guide, Season Premieres and Search tables.

Thanks For This Post:
Old 03-28-2015, 01:12 PM   #7844
philhu
User Since Day ONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Do any Remote sub-tab functions work for the Roamio? The part that's failing is when attempting to obtain show information using RPC the communication with Roamio on port 1413 (the RPC communication port) is dropping. Enable "Use RPC to get NPL when possible" option under config-Program Options to see what happens.
Yes, nothing was working. That setting fixed it. Also sped up the npl download! Thanks!

S2-500gb HD, 2 units-ret
Premiere-2tb JMFS
Premiere4-2tb JMFS-ret
Roamio Plus-4tb Comm Img
Old 03-28-2015, 01:35 PM   #7845
sanjonny

Quote:
A recent problem I had with kmttg that was solved with simple reboot of the Tivo. ''503 server busy"

I had not seen a forum post when I searched since 2009 with that problem so just in case anybody gets that error, just rebooting the tivo helped me. It started happening in my case after I was concurrently running kmttg on two different pcs.
That is I think the only way to resolve that. What happens I think is you make requests at the same time and the tivo just gets cranky because its coming from 2 different pcs. It causes more problems on the Premiere than on the HD/series 3 but that might be because my HD is hacked and it has TWP which handles multiple requests from multiple pcs without a problem. When I use kmttg on multiple pcs to access my premiere, sometimes I get the error message you noted and reboot is the only way to fix it. And you have to reboot from the tivo/pull the plug, kmttg cannot reboot at that point because the tivo usually will not take anymore network requests.

sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 01:36 PM   #7846
sanjonny

Quote:
For series 4 or later TiVos you can use the Remote->Deleted tab to recover shows, but for series 3 you are SOL.
If you have a hacked HD, you can undelete the show using TivoWebPlus, but only on a hacked tivo.

sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 10:11 PM   #7847
Alf Tanner
Tivo Dude

just got pytivo running Very very nice addition and works well with kmttg.

Old Yesterday, 06:31 PM   #7848
philhu
User Since Day ONE!

Well, my Roamio is showing the error again, even using rpc for npl. It happens about 35 seconds into the run.

There are now 806 shows on the Roamio. It sure seems like a size/memory error. Changing to rpc/npl probably used a slightly smaller piece of code.

Here is the error:

VideoRedo Profiles refreshed
>> Getting Now Playing List via RPC from TIVO5-Roamio6 ...
Loaded 0 queued jobs from file: jobData.dat
[java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source), java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.InputRecord.readFully(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.InputRecord.read(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(Unkno wn Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source), com.tivo.kmttg.rpc.Remote.RemoteInit(Remote.java:184), com.tivo.kmttg.rpc.Remote.<init>(Remote.java:146), com.tivo.kmttg.main.config.initRemote(config.java:600), com.tivo.kmttg.task.NowPlaying$1AutoThread.run(NowPlaying.ja va:97), java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)]
>> Getting Now Playing List via RPC from TIVO5-Roamio6 ...
[java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source), java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.InputRecord.readFully(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.InputRecord.read(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(Unkno wn Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source), sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source), com.tivo.kmttg.rpc.Remote.RemoteInit(Remote.java:184), com.tivo.kmttg.rpc.Remote.<init>(Remote.java:146), com.tivo.kmttg.main.config.initRemote(config.java:600), com.tivo.kmttg.task.NowPlaying$1AutoThread.run(NowPlaying.ja va:97), java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)]

S2-500gb HD, 2 units-ret
Premiere-2tb JMFS
Premiere4-2tb JMFS-ret
Roamio Plus-4tb Comm Img
Old Yesterday, 07:04 PM   #7849
moyekj

Quote:
Well, my Roamio is showing the error again, even using rpc for npl. It happens about 35 seconds into the run.
Problem seems to be the RPC connection on port 1413 is timing out, which means taking too long to return results. When it's running, in job monitor STATUS field does it show total # of shows and is it incrementing fetching the shows by 50 each time at all?

Old Yesterday, 07:48 PM   #7850
philhu
User Since Day ONE!

When itt was working. It counted bu 50. Here it just sits about 20 seconds and then the error occurs. Does the tivo do some prepossing that it taking too ling due to 800+ shows? Most are suggestions. Is there a way to ignore suggestion during npl loading?

S2-500gb HD, 2 units-ret
Premiere-2tb JMFS
Premiere4-2tb JMFS-ret
Roamio Plus-4tb Comm Img
Old Yesterday, 08:40 PM   #7851
moyekj

Quote:
When itt was working. It counted bu 50. Here it just sits about 20 seconds and then the error occurs. Does the tivo do some prepossing that it taking too ling due to 800+ shows? Most are suggestions. Is there a way to ignore suggestion during npl loading?
kmttg does an initial query for just show ids in order to get total show count before getting individual show details. Sounds like that part is failing for you because of large show count. In last few releases TiVo seems to have been reducing RPC buffer size so what used to work fine may no longer. I'll post a beta version for you to try later to see if it solves the problem.

Old Yesterday, 09:06 PM   #7852
philhu
User Since Day ONE!

Quote:
kmttg does an initial query for just show ids in order to get total show count before getting individual show details. Sounds like that part is failing for you because of large show count. In last few releases TiVo seems to have been reducing RPC buffer size so what used to work fine may no longer. I'll post a beta version for you to try later to see if it solves the problem.
It must be number of shows. I force deleted 60 on the tivo. Got it down to 744. And it is working at the moment.

S2-500gb HD, 2 units-ret
Premiere-2tb JMFS
Premiere4-2tb JMFS-ret
Roamio Plus-4tb Comm Img
Old Yesterday, 11:17 PM   #7853
wuzznuubi

Smile Just pure awesome ness

Been away for awhile and I just have to say WOW!

Can't believe how far you've got with the new season pass stuff and catching up with the latest TiVo software.

It's going to take me awhile to test it all out, but again, WOW! and THANKS!

wuzznuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:53 PM   #7854
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

TC CLUB MEMBER
In the not so distant past, I found that if I had over 1000 total recordings, or over 600 episodes of a single show (on a base Roamio), if I bulk deleted them, then tried to restore, KMTTG would hang at those limits.

I never did find a way around it, as trying to restore the remainder via any method would fail (including physical TiVo remote). So, I'd have to get selective, and just kiss the least important things goodbye.

If I'm reading into recent posts correctly, it sounds like TiVo has fallen back to limits that sound more like the limits I had when I had Premieres, and would try the same things. Only with Premieres, if I didn't make sure not to exceed the limits, corruption and chaos would ensue (with the Premieres, on their own)...

IIRC, Premieres were limited to 600 total and/or 300 of a single program.

One thing I've always been seeing with KMTTG, is it will say it is fetching xxx out of like 300, of anything it can fetch, but the process will go 2x or 3x past the 300, which seems like a KMTTG matter, since it will at least work, even if the stated total is far lower than reality...

Just sharing, not complaining...

My time/focus needs to be elsewhere. PMs welcomed, but responses not guaranteed. In need of a miracle.
nooneuknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:57 AM   #7855
philhu
User Since Day ONE!

Quote:
In the not so distant past, I found that if I had over 1000 total recordings, or over 600 episodes of a single show (on a base Roamio), if I bulk deleted them, then tried to restore, KMTTG would hang at those limits.

I never did find a way around it, as trying to restore the remainder via any method would fail (including physical TiVo remote). So, I'd have to get selective, and just kiss the least important things goodbye.
Interesting. Must be changed from tivohd days. My wife had a tivohd dedicated to recording young and restless and has 675 episodes on it now. They do not have show metadata (episode names and descriptions) each, just generic for the series, so maybe the unique metadata is what is limited, not the number of shows specifically.

For kevin- if the error occurs in kmttg, there is a good chance my remote stops working. I use Roomie, which does keypresses with RPC, so it looks like at some point in my kmttg playing, the rpc stack died, got corrupted, whatever. A reboot fixed it.

For now, i am turning off suggestions and deleted 100 more suggestions, as i have 4 tivos and ill just do them on another tivo, like my premiere

S2-500gb HD, 2 units-ret
Premiere-2tb JMFS
Premiere4-2tb JMFS-ret
Roamio Plus-4tb Comm Img

Last edited by philhu; Today at 10:22 AM..
Old Today, 11:12 AM   #7856
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Interesting. Must be changed from tivohd days. My wife had a tivohd dedicated to recording young and restless and has 675 episodes on it now. They do not have show metadata (episode names and descriptions) each, just generic for the series, so maybe the unique metadata is what is limited, not the number of shows specifically.

For kevin- if the error occurs in kmttg, there is a good chance my remote stops working. I use Roomie, which does keypresses with RPC, so it looks like at some point in my kmttg playing, the rpc stack died, got corrupted, whatever. A reboot fixed it.

For now, i am turning off suggestions and deleted 100 more suggestions, as i have 4 tivos and ill just do them on another tivo, like my premiere
When KMTTG would "fail" to restore the say 347 recordings, over the 1000 limit, it seemed that it was trying real hard, and if I didn't close KMTTG fairly soon after, it would appear frozen, while making dinging noises (without any errors displayed), my computer would get slow and jerky, and the TiVo would get slow and erratic as well. If left too long, the TiVo would stop accepting any commands, from any input.

I used to rely on KMTTG to un-freeze my TiVos, when they'd stop responding to remote commands, but the amber led on the TiVo still acknowledged receiving them. I'd just use it to launch Netflix. One of the uses was for when the "Reboot" TiVo in KMTTG would cause such a state, which is now 98% of the time. Unfortunately, that little trick stopped working with 20.4.6 and 20.4.6a.RC1, no matter what places the TiVo in "ignore all commands, but keep recording as scheduled" mode.

I have three base Roamios, and five computers I've used to verify these situations aren't one-offs, or TiVo/computer specific. I've also reworked my whole network, and moved to higher-end gear, with new cables.

Again, no complaints about KMTTG here, or even implying that KMTTG is causing anything that is going wrong.

Most of the time, these days, I'm only posting if I feel I'm failing the community by not sharing. I just don't have the time I used to.

My time/focus needs to be elsewhere. PMs welcomed, but responses not guaranteed. In need of a miracle.

Last edited by nooneuknow; Today at 12:50 PM..
nooneuknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:17 PM   #7857
moyekj

Quote:
Quote:
Here's a beta version of kmttg.jar which hopefully should no longer suffer from any limits on # shows:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0S...ew?usp=sharing

It would be a good test if you could restore (using Deleted tab in kmttg) the suggestions you have deleted recently in order to really test this out. i.e. Restore to about 900-1000+ shows and see if things still work OK.

Thanks For This Post:
Old Today, 12:47 PM   #7858
philhu
User Since Day ONE!

Quote:
Here's a beta version of kmttg.jar which hopefully should no longer suffer from any limits on # shows:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0S...ew?usp=sharing

It would be a good test if you could restore (using Deleted tab in kmttg) the suggestions you have deleted recently in order to really test this out. i.e. Restore to about 900-1000+ shows and see if things still work OK.
OK, restore is going and I turned suggestions back on. Since the disks are so big, and have 6 tuners, it pulls quite a few suggestions. Should be ready to test in about 6 hours or so

S2-500gb HD, 2 units-ret
Premiere-2tb JMFS
Premiere4-2tb JMFS-ret
Roamio Plus-4tb Comm Img