TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-24-2016, 02:16 PM   #9901
HarperVision
TiVo's Italian Cuz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero 1 View Post
we basically did that for two or out TV locations. you should get a HDhomerun, i assume you have cable so get the PRIME, get a cable card for it and buy the Channels app on the apple tv. you will now get live tv on the apple tv with pause, rewind, etc. it works great.
Any updates on when the Channels app will get DVR capabilities?

HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 02:24 PM   #9902
innocentfreak

I know I used to be able to do it, but I can't for the life of me find the option to show the status of PyTiVo transfers.

According to the Wiki
Quote:
The File menu contains an entry called Show pending pyTivo pushes which you can use to check on pending pyTivo pushes that have not yet started or completed.

First click on the TiVo tab name which is the destination of your pushes and then choose this menu item. kmttg will query the mind.tivo.com server and any pending pushes will be listed in a dialog table from which you can also select queued entries to cancel.
This isn't in my version unless I am doing it wrong. I selected the tab with the TiVo I want to check and went to File. It still doesn't show. I also tried selecting the TiVo under remote and it doesn't show.

What am I missing? My settings include my TiVo login details.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 03:25 PM   #9903
Aero 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarperVision View Post
Any updates on when the Channels app will get DVR capabilities?
no idea. last time i visited the forums a month ago he said everything was on hiatus because he just had a baby. havent been there since but i noticed a few tweets from them lately. maybe he is ramping up now.

OTA | Netflix | Hulu | Amazon Prime | MLB.tv -
Aero 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks For This Post:
Old 07-24-2016, 03:27 PM   #9904
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
What am I missing? My settings include my TiVo login details.
If you provide tivo.com username and password under config--TiVos tab and you restart kmttg you should see the menu item show up.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 10:16 PM   #9905
Bytez

Using the latest 2.1u and it's not showing any of the recorded programs when I click on refresh. I double checked the MAK. Never had any issues with previous versions. Is there a known bug with a certain Java version? It is on Version 8 Update 101, didn't mess with any of the default settings.

Old 07-25-2016, 10:50 PM   #9906
tivoyahoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytez View Post
Using the latest 2.1u and it's not showing any of the recorded programs when I click on refresh. I double checked the MAK. Never had any issues with previous versions. Is there a known bug with a certain Java version? It is on Version 8 Update 101, didn't mess with any of the default settings.
is it timing out? sounds similar to post #9988-9990 of this same thread:
http://tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/sho...2#post10937422

tivoyahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 11:07 PM   #9907
Bytez

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoyahoo View Post
is it timing out? sounds similar to post #9988-9990 of this same thread:
http://tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/sho...2#post10937422
No, it does not show any messages on the bottom part of the app.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:11 PM   #9908
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

I seem to be two Java Updates away from current at the moment.

Belarc Advisor says I'm missing:

Quote:
CpuJul2016-2881720 Critical Oracle Java SE Critical Patch Update for Java 8.0.600.60 32-bit

CpuJul2016-2881720 Critical Oracle Java SE Critical Patch Update for Java 8.0.910.14 32-bit
Do these play nicely with kmttg v2.1u? If so, I'll get that patched ASAP.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:14 PM   #9909
Bytez

Quote:
No, it does not show any messages on the bottom part of the app.
Ok, I had to manually add the Tivo with the IP and now it is working. It couldn't auto detect like on the previous versions.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:31 PM   #9910
tivoyahoo

Quote:
Ok, I had to manually add the Tivo with the IP and now it is working. It couldn't auto detect like on the previous versions.
It'll auto detect so if you have dynamic ip, not fixed, it'll find them even when the ip address changes. just sometimes closing and reopening kmttg does the trick I've found. but entering the ip works too.

Old 07-26-2016, 07:59 AM   #9911
lew

issues with atomic pasley

Every so often I'll get an atomic pasley error. Frequently the result is a corrupt video file. I previously "solved" the problem by renaming atomic parsely so that step is always skipped. An upgrade to tools reversed that "fix". Error message follows. Any ideas before I restore my "fix". Encoding was done by VRD.

Quote:
AtomicParsley failed (exit code: -1073741819 ) - check command: C:\kmttg\AtomicParsley\AtomicParsley.exe "G:\TVSHOWS\outcast\Outcast - From the Shadows It Watches 0006.mp4" --overWrite --stik "TV Show" --title "From the Shadows It Watches" --grouping Drama --year 2016-07-15T00:00:00Z --description "Rev. Anderson finds his powers severely tested; Patricia reaches out to Kyle; Sidney issues a warning. " --longdesc "Rev. Anderson finds his powers severely tested; Patricia reaches out to Kyle; Sidney issues a warning. " --contentRating TV-MA --hdvideo true --TVShowName Outcast --artist Outcast --albumArtist Outcast --TVEpisode 006 --TVEpisodeNum 06 --tracknum 006 --TVSeasonNum 0 --album "Outcast, Season 0" --TVNetwork MAXHD -d 1/1

lew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:13 AM   #9912
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lew View Post
Every so often I'll get an atomic pasley error. Frequently the result is a corrupt video file. I previously "solved" the problem by renaming atomic parsely so that step is always skipped. An upgrade to tools reversed that "fix". Error message follows. Any ideas before I restore my "fix". Encoding was done by VRD.
Don't see anything wrong with the call to atomicparsley, so must be something atomicparsley is not handling properly with the VRD encoded video. If you want to try and fix it perhaps look for a more recent version of atomicparsley, else as you already did before, rename the "AtomicParsley" folder to something else to disable the task.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:56 AM   #9913
mlippert

Moyekj, I just noticed you had been adding some sort options. I've been meaning to ask this for a while.

Jobs are basically run in the order they are added to the list. If you sort the jobs list by clicking on one of the headers, there is no way to sort them back into the original order, although they will still be run in that order.

Could you add some way (a column w/ a job # as the last column perhaps) to get the jobs back into the order they were added to the list?

Sometimes I'm dancing on the fine line of available disk space and need to be able to look at the list and know which download is going to start when the current one finishes.

Sorting the jobs list is handy, but currently I just try to be super careful where I click so I don't accidentally sort the list and lose the job order.

Thanks!

mlippert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 11:04 AM   #9914
elprice7345

Quote:
Originally Posted by elprice7345 View Post
Would it be possible to add the same sort as TiVo capability to the To Do list table or for that matter to any applicable table in kmttg?

The TDL is my next priority, but I think the capability could be useful in other tabs, e.g., Files, Search, Deleted, etc.
@moyekj - Any chance of implementing this?

Windows 10 x64
elprice7345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:20 PM   #9915
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by elprice7345 View Post
@moyekj - Any chance of implementing this?
Looked at it briefly and determined it's not a trivial addition by any means, so perhaps time permitting I may dig in some more into it.

Thanks For This Post:
Old 07-26-2016, 09:28 PM   #9916
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Looked at it briefly and determined it's not a trivial addition by any means
Tru dat.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 04:36 PM   #9917
elprice7345

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Looked at it briefly and determined it's not a trivial addition by any means, so perhaps time permitting I may dig in some more into it.
No worries @moyekj! File it away on the wish list.

Thanks again for all of your hard work on a great program!

Windows 10 x64
elprice7345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 07:13 PM   #9918
Soapm

Can someone help me decode this message? I was able to download, cut the commercials then I get this when I try and encode with Handbrake...

Edit to add: Get the same message when trying to encode with FFMPEG...

Code:
encoding failed (exit code: 128 ) - check command: C:\kmttg\handbrake\HandBrakeCLI.exe -i "E:\From Tivo\S18E180_show___cut.mpg" -f mp4 --large-file -O -e x264 -b 5000 -a 1 -E ac3 -x threads=3:ref=3:mixed-refs=1:bframes=3:b-pyramid=1:weightb=1:analyse=all:8x8dct=1:me=umh:subq=9:psy-rd=1,0.2:direct=auto:keyint=24:min-keyint=2:no-fast-pskip=1:no-dct-decimate=1 -v -o "E:\Ready\S18E180_show__.mp4" 

Killing 'encode' job: C:\kmttg\handbrake\HandBrakeCLI.exe -i "E:\From Tivo\S18E1800__delete___cut.mpg" -f mp4 --large-file -O -e x264 -b 5000 -a 1 -E ac3 -x threads=3:ref=3:mixed-refs=1:bframes=3:b-pyramid=1:weightb=1:analyse=all:8x8dct=1:me=umh:subq=9:psy-rd=1,0.2:direct=auto:keyint=24:min-keyint=2:no-fast-pskip=1:no-dct-decimate=1 -v -o "E:\Ready\S18E1800__dekete__.mp4"

Last edited by Soapm; 07-28-2016 at 07:19 PM.
Soapm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 07:23 PM   #9919
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
"E:\Ready\S18E1800__dekete__.mp4"
I see this as a possible cause, a typo?

Juliet Basic (4XL, PLS)
(OTA)

~~~~~

No Amazon Prime? Join
to start streaming on Roamio/Bolt!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 07:25 PM   #9920
Soapm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
I see this as a possible cause, a typo?
That's my typo removing the shows name, I am consistently getting the exit code 128 and have no idea what that's telling me???

Here is one without my edits...

Code:
There are currently no queued jobs to save.

encoding failed (exit code: 128 ) - check command: C:\kmttg\handbrake\HandBrakeCLI.exe -i "E:\From Tivo\S02E201__Roots___cut.mpg" -f mp4 --large-file -O -e x264 -b 5000 -a 1 -E ac3 -x threads=3:ref=3:mixed-refs=1:bframes=3:b-pyramid=1:weightb=1:analyse=all:8x8dct=1:me=umh:subq=9:psy-rd=1,0.2:direct=auto:keyint=24:min-keyint=2:no-fast-pskip=1:no-dct-decimate=1 -v -o E:\Ready\S02E201__Roots___cut.mp4 

Killing 'encode' job: C:\kmttg\handbrake\HandBrakeCLI.exe -i "E:\From Tivo\S02E201__Roots___cut.mpg" -f mp4 --large-file -O -e x264 -b 5000 -a 1 -E ac3 -x threads=3:ref=3:mixed-refs=1:bframes=3:b-pyramid=1:weightb=1:analyse=all:8x8dct=1:me=umh:subq=9:psy-rd=1,0.2:direct=auto:keyint=24:min-keyint=2:no-fast-pskip=1:no-dct-decimate=1 -v -o E:\Ready\S02E201__Roots___cut.mp4 

There are currently no queued jobs to save.

Old 07-28-2016, 07:34 PM   #9921
Soapm

Looks to me like the error has something to do with running CLI Handbrake or FFMPEG, I can point kmttg to the regular version of Handbrake and I don't get that error.

Could it be that I'm on Windows XP? 64 bit??? I also found I can point it to an old version, version 9.5.0 of Handbrake and it encodes just fine also...

When trying to launch Handbrake manually by double clicking I get an error talking about "msvcrt.dll". Could that have anything to do with it?

Old 07-28-2016, 07:39 PM   #9922
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Looks like I have found the Guide/manual for handbrake.

https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/CLIGuide

Juliet Basic (4XL, PLS)
(OTA)

~~~~~

No Amazon Prime? Join
Old 07-28-2016, 11:27 PM   #9923
Soapm

Quote:
Looks like I have found the Guide/manual for handbrake.

https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/CLIGuide
Wow, you sent me to the world of an abyss... I understand and appreciate you kindly saying "RTFM", but I have no idea what I'm looking at or for??? It says Handbrake has two error codes (0 or 1), neither of which is mine nor does it say what to do about them. I assume all those options are in the profiles, but how would I know which option is causing me error and what I would change it to?

I can get it to encode using an older version of Handbrake but I don't get an video. Again, I'm not a techy kind of guy so I have no idea how to troubleshoot or what presets from the manual might be the cause???

Old 07-28-2016, 11:47 PM   #9924
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Yeah, its all gobblygook to me as well

If you get no video, just audio, that is the usual behavior of a H.264 recording downloaded on PS not TS.

Juliet Basic (4XL, PLS)
(OTA)

~~~~~

No Amazon Prime? Join
Old 07-29-2016, 11:29 AM   #9925
Soapm

Quote:
Yeah, its all gobblygook to me as well

If you get no video, just audio, that is the usual behavior of a H.264 recording downloaded on PS not TS.
I figured out how to turn on the VRD profiles, I am using it to encode. Thanks for all the help...

Old 07-30-2016, 08:10 AM   #9926
mlippert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
I figured out how to turn on the VRD profiles, I am using it to encode. Thanks for all the help...
Glad you've got it working. I tried it on my system which is Windows 7 64-bit with Java 8 101 installed, and kmttg v2.1u and v2.1n tools.

I took the same command line you showed not working and ran it from a command prompt using a video that kmttg downloaded from my TiVo (QS Fix & Ad cut w/ VRD) and it worked OK.

Just in case you felt like chasing it down more here's the console output:
Code:
C:\Videos\kmttgRecordings>\kmttg\handbrake\HandBrakeCLI.exe --version
HandBrake 0.10.3

C:\Videos\kmttgRecordings>\kmttg\handbrake\HandBrakeCLI.exe -i "Backstage - s01e08 - On Deck (May_20_2016,
DISNHD)_cut.mpg" -f mp4 --large-file -O -e x264 -b 5000 -a 1 -E ac3 -x threads=3:ref=3:mixed-refs=1:bframes=3:b-pyramid=
1:weightb=1:analyse=all:8x8dct=1:me=umh:subq=9:psy-rd=1,0.2:direct=auto:keyint=24:min-keyint=2:no-fast-pskip=1:no-dct-de
cimate=1 -v -o "Backstage - s01e08 - On Deck (May_20_2016, DISNHD)_cut.mp4"
[10:29:19] hb_init: starting libhb thread
HandBrake 0.10.3 (2016012200) - MinGW x86_64 - https://handbrake.fr
4 CPUs detected
Opening Backstage - s01e08 - On Deck (May_20_2016, DISNHD)_cut.mpg...
[10:29:19] CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU         750  @ 2.67GHz
[10:29:19]  - logical processor count: 4
[10:29:19] OpenCL device #1: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTX 460
[10:29:19]  - OpenCL version: 1.1 CUDA
[10:29:19]  - driver version: 314.07
[10:29:19]  - device type:    GPU
[10:29:19]  - supported:      no
[10:29:19] Intel Quick Sync Video support: no
[10:29:19] hb_scan: path=Backstage - s01e08 - On Deck (May_20_2016, DISNHD)_cut.mpg, title_index=1
[11:40:24] stream: 1226574 good frames, 0 errors (0%)
[11:40:24] libhb: work result = 0

Encode done!

HandBrake has exited.

mlippert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 09:35 AM   #9927
singemfrc

I'd like to revisit asking about some possible new handling of mpeg2 versus mpeg4 - or in otherwords some more automated handling of TS/non-TS. I don't know if anyone else is having issues with this, but it continues to be the only thing that perturbs me on a daily basis.

Comcast here has finished migrating channels, and originally I thought they would migrate all channels and eventually everything would be mpeg4 and I could just leave kmttg on transport stream and be done with it. Unfortunately, they decided to keep most basic or network stations on mpeg2 while the rest have migrated to mpeg4.

Consequently most days I have both mpeg2 and mpeg4 programs, so I have to first check configuration to see whether I'm on TS downloads or not, download all of one group, wait for it to finish, then go back to configuration, change the TS setting, then download the next group.
The current order of operations kmttg is currently using means I have to wait until at least the last item in the queue starts before changing the configuration - I can't, say, queue all mpeg 2 items, queue all mpeg4 items, and just let it go. Each time a download starts it checks the current configuration rather than what the configuration was when the item was queued.
I looked at automatic downloads, but it's not really practical.

Options for implementations I would love, in order of preference:
  • kmttg detects mpeg2 vs mpeg4 and automatically performs TS downloads on 4 and regular on 2.
  • Config option for user to set certain channels as always TS download or not
  • An easier access option on the main window to more quickly be able to change the TS setting without going into the configuration dialog since I need to do it so often.

The ultimate goal being that I would be able to queue mpeg2 and mpeg4 recordings together and be able to process all continuously without visiting configuration every time I queue something.

singemfrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 10:27 AM   #9928
lew

Many of us download everything as ts. Its much faster and I don't have the sync issues some posters report.

lew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 12:34 PM   #9929
tivoyahoo

mpeg2 vs. mpeg4

Quote:
Originally Posted by singemfrc View Post
I'd like to revisit asking about some possible new handling of mpeg2 versus mpeg4 - or in otherwords some more automated handling of TS/non-TS.
I was wondering the same thing a few weeks ago back in post #9873
Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoyahoo View Post
does kmttg default to TS for h.264 files regardless of other TS/PS settings? Does it prevent the user from mistakenly attempting PS transfer? Or is there a setting specific to h.264 downloads separate from mpeg2 file handling?
Ysingemfrc, you offered some good thoughts on how to implement the separate handling, but I was wondering if multiple instances of kmttg can be launched and open simultaneously? one that is for configured for mpeg2 handling and a second for mpeg4, instead of constantly toggling settings back and forth. But I haven't tried it as I'm in a comcast area where the mpeg4 recordings are failing on roamio and that has been a dead end in trying to do anything with those recordings - ts results in useless 17KB-20KB files and PS only pulls 10% of the file and is audio only as expected. This is detailed in this link and subsequent posts:
http://tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/sho...7#post10948647

Quote:
Originally Posted by singemfrc View Post
Comcast here has finished migrating channels, and originally I thought they would migrate all channels and eventually everything would be mpeg4 and I could just leave kmttg on transport stream and be done with it. Unfortunately, they decided to keep most basic or network stations on mpeg2 while the rest have migrated to mpeg4.
I've been watching the comcast mpeg4 migrations nationwide and there isn't a single report that I am aware of where a network broadcast channel has gone to mpeg4 on comcast. In fact, I don't think there is a report of those channels going mpeg4 on any cable provider. So the dual mpeg2 and mpeg4 recordings issue isn't going to go away any time in the near future due to 100% mpeg4 migration since that isn't happening, nor is it planned.

Quote:
So far the only way to distinguish between Mpeg2 and MPEG4 shows is the size of the shows. MPEG4 would be smaller (compressed). MPG2 would be about 2-5GB/Hr.
So within kmttg there isn't a way to distinguish mpeg2 and mpeg4 recordings, however kmttg does have a handy one click tool for identifying mpeg4 channels on the tv screen as you flip through channels to check. even more handy if your system is still in the migration progress and things are changing, i.e. migration is not completed.

However there is an old select play tool that is proving useful in this regard. Aspect ratio in spsrs mode is showing as 0:0 for h.264 channels, and 4:3 or 16:9 for mpeg2 channels. This seems to be the case for Series 4-6 and has been tested successfully on comcast and cox at this point. So you can spot mpeg4 channels without having to enter diagnostics and you will see this onscreen in live tv:
OutSrc:1920x1080i@29.970fps/0:0 <-- this is the indicator
or
OutSrc:1280x720p@59.940fps/0:0

The kmttg network remote has a handy and reliable macro for all of the select plays (including spsrs) to easily toggle them on and off. Thank you for that feature.

More details on 0:0 = h.264 and spsrs information viewing mode at this link:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...1#post10942141

Ysingemfrc, may I ask which comcast area you are in? Are there not mpeg4 problem channels in your area? perhaps you are not using roamio and not running into the issue. But here's a link detailing the issue and naming comcast cities affected nationwide that have been documented on TCF:
http://tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/sho...0#post10948650

Old 07-30-2016, 05:01 PM   #9930
Soapm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlippert View Post
Glad you've got it working. I tried it on my system which is Windows 7 64-bit with Java 8 101 installed, and kmttg v2.1u and v2.1n tools.

I took the same command line you showed not working and ran it from a command prompt using a video that kmttg downloaded from my TiVo (QS Fix & Ad cut w/ VRD) and it worked OK.

Just in case you felt like chasing it down more here's the console output:
Code:
C:\Videos\kmttgRecordings>\kmttg\handbrake\HandBrakeCLI.exe --version
HandBrake 0.10.3

C:\Videos\kmttgRecordings>\kmttg\handbrake\HandBrakeCLI.exe -i "Backstage - s01e08 - On Deck (May_20_2016,
DISNHD)_cut.mpg" -f mp4 --large-file -O -e x264 -b 5000 -a 1 -E ac3 -x threads=3:ref=3:mixed-refs=1:bframes=3:b-pyramid=
1:weightb=1:analyse=all:8x8dct=1:me=umh:subq=9:psy-rd=1,0.2:direct=auto:keyint=24:min-keyint=2:no-fast-pskip=1:no-dct-de
cimate=1 -v -o "Backstage - s01e08 - On Deck (May_20_2016, DISNHD)_cut.mp4"
[10:29:19] hb_init: starting libhb thread
HandBrake 0.10.3 (2016012200) - MinGW x86_64 - https://handbrake.fr
4 CPUs detected
Opening Backstage - s01e08 - On Deck (May_20_2016, DISNHD)_cut.mpg...
[10:29:19] CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU         750  @ 2.67GHz
[10:29:19]  - logical processor count: 4
[10:29:19] OpenCL device #1: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTX 460
[10:29:19]  - OpenCL version: 1.1 CUDA
[10:29:19]  - driver version: 314.07
[10:29:19]  - device type:    GPU
[10:29:19]  - supported:      no
[10:29:19] Intel Quick Sync Video support: no
[10:29:19] hb_scan: path=Backstage - s01e08 - On Deck (May_20_2016, DISNHD)_cut.mpg, title_index=1
[11:40:24] stream: 1226574 good frames, 0 errors (0%)
[11:40:24] libhb: work result = 0

Encode done!

HandBrake has exited.
I was reading this post in the handbrake forum and it says, "0.10 requires Window Vista or later." I took that to explain why I can run older versions but not the new.

I don't know why the video is missing because the GUI version of handbrake works just fine. But whatever it is happens with both Handbrake and FFMPEG... I guess I need to upgrade my machine from Windows XP...