TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > Developers Corner
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-19-2014, 10:03 PM   #721
windracer
joined the 10k club

You still haven't answered questions from all of us trying to help.

HME can be installed in any folder, wherever you want. Personally I have a folder under C:\Program Files (x86) called TiVo and I put everything under there.

It sounds like the python executable isn't in your path. Did you try explictly using it on the command-line (like I suggested above) to start HME?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 03:42 PM   #722
spaldingclan

I did, and finally put it into the python folder. I got the CL window to run finally but the directions after that are really hard tom understand. I gae up on it (which is too bad since it looked really cool)

spaldingclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 12:37 AM   #723
jbernardis

For those of you that might be interested, I have posted on GITHUB - see my signature - a CGI script that provides you a browser-based interface to your vidmgr database.
A lot of information about how to configure it is provided there, but a lot of it is going to depend on how you want it to mesh into your existing web infrastructure.

I've actually been using this on my own network for some time, but lrhorer finally convinced me to publish it after he and I finally got it working in his environment. I can answer questions about the functionality of the software, but web server configuration is not my forte. So give it a try, and ask your questions. I might not have an answer, but hopefully the community will rise to the occasion.

1 TiVo Roamio Plus
1 Tivo Mini

jbernardis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 12:36 AM   #724
email68

Can vidmgr link and push vob files like pity's dvdvideo plugin?

email68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 12:46 AM   #725
jbernardis

Quote:
Originally Posted by email68 View Post
Can vidmgr link and push vob files like pity's dvdvideo plugin?

The logic is in there to handle it. But frankly I don't use it. I'm pretty sure lrhorer uses it extensively so he has more practical experience with it.

1 TiVo Roamio Plus
1 Tivo Mini

Old 01-24-2015, 06:18 AM   #726
jsbain

Does vidmgr support playon pytivo plugin

Just curious if anyone has gotten vidmgr to work with the playon pytivo plugin? I installed vidmgr version 2, and can see My Videos from pytivo, but not any of the Internet TV shares which come from playon.

jsbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 02:11 PM   #727
jbernardis

vidmgr only works with files that are physically on your network. I have no idea what the playon plugin is or does, but if the video file is not found on your local system/network, then vidmgr doesn't know of its existence

1 TiVo Roamio Plus
1 Tivo Mini

Old 01-26-2015, 02:17 AM   #728
jsbain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbernardis View Post
vidmgr only works with files that are physically on your network. I have no idea what the playon plugin is or does, but if the video file is not found on your local system/network, then vidmgr doesn't know of its existence
Thanks,
The playon plugin for pytivo allows interaction with the playon server, which is basically a dlna media server that allows streaming of video from various online sources (basically by running a browser and screen capturing). The plugin lets one browse the heirarchical list of sources/videos.

how does vidmgr discover files? Does it directly interact with pytivo? Or does it just read the pytivo.conf and then os.walk through the file system on its own?

If I were to extend vidmgr to handle other pytivo plugins, I gather I need to implement something that has an interface like DVDShare or VideoShare, then add the appropriate cases in VideoCache?

jsbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 03:03 AM   #729
lrhorer

Quote:
I've actually been using this on my own network for some time, but lrhorer finally convinced me to publish it after he and I finally got it working in his environment.
See? There are some advantages to being persistently annoying.

Quote:
I can answer questions about the functionality of the software, but web server configuration is not my forte. So give it a try, and ask your questions. I might not have an answer, but hopefully the community will rise to the occasion.
Well, it's not my forte, either, but I am willing to lend a hand if anyone wants to use this utility and runs into a roadblock. Note I may not be much help with a Windows installation, and perhaps not much more with a Mac, but I will see what I can do. Anyone who would like to take a look at the interface can look here. I have security enabled, so you won't be able to push or delete any videos, but you can browse through the vidmgr features. Functionality is extremely similar to the TiVo based utility, sans the bulk of the artwork functionality. One can. however, see the artwork in the individual videos.

Hmm. Well, one should be able to see the artwork. Something's busted. I'll need to figure out what. Meanwhile, the main utility is working.

Last edited by lrhorer; 01-31-2015 at 03:10 AM.
lrhorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 03:15 AM   #730
lrhorer

Quote:
The logic is in there to handle it. But frankly I don't use it. I'm pretty sure lrhorer uses it extensively so he has more practical experience with it.
It works just fine. There was a recent audio issue with the system not being able to map the correct audio, but it turned out to be a hangover from an incomplete upgrade on my part. Otherwise, I just rip the DVD to a VIDEO_TS folder with no conversions of any sort. If multiple titles are on the DVD, they are available on the TiVo, including extra features and the like, sans the menus. The menus are retained in the file structure, however, and if one employs a media player such as VLC, then the menus still appear.

Old 01-31-2015, 11:39 AM   #731
lrhorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbain View Post
how does vidmgr discover files? Does it directly interact with pytivo? Or does it just read the pytivo.conf and then os.walk through the file system on its own?
Vidmgr uses the buildcache.py module to create its database, walking through the directory structure established in pytivo.conf. On startup of the main routine, if the database exists, vidmgr uses it. If not, it runs buildcache.py on the fly.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:58 PM   #732
lrhorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrhorer View Post
Hmm. Well, one should be able to see the artwork. Something's busted. I'll need to figure out what. Meanwhile, the main utility is working.
OK, we figured out what the issue was and how to resolve it. One work-around was to modify the web server configuration, but I was not happy with the security implications, especially for someone here who might use the web app but not understand the proper means of maintaining a secure system. Jeff came up with a better way of doing things, and he has updated the code. I'll be testing it this weekend, if I get the chance.

Old 04-08-2015, 06:20 PM   #733
rlarson

I've searched for this answer but couldn't find a way, but I thought I'd ask... Is there anyway to adjust the size and location of the cover art display? I've gone through the config file and can't seem to find out.

rlarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:36 AM   #734
lrhorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlarson View Post
I've searched for this answer but couldn't find a way, but I thought I'd ask... Is there anyway to adjust the size and location of the cover art display? I've gone through the config file and can't seem to find out.
The location, yes, at least somewhat. The metavariable thumbjustify=left|center|right will set the justification of the artwork within the artwork window. I believe re-sizing the window would require fiddling with the screen layout parameters in the scripts themselves.

On a somewhat related note, my brother and sister-in-law are now using vidmgr, but their TV is a little small, and they sit rather a long way from it. For myself, I want the maximum number of titles on the screen as possible, but for them it would be nice to increase the font a bit and show perhaps 10 titles on the screen as opposed to 14.