Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-06-2016, 11:39 AM   #1
Softail95
Early Adopter

Angry TiVo.com online transfer inoperable on HD TiVo

Hello,

On April 2, I received an announcement letter from TiVo stating among other things:

TRANSFER RECORDINGS BETWEEN TIVO BOXES.
Now on TiVo BOLT™, TiVo Roamio and TiVo Premiere and TiVo® HD/Series3
Transferring recordings between boxes is now even easier. Go to online.tivo.com, select "Manage" and then "Transfer Recordings". From there, select single recordings, multiple recordings, or all recordings to transfer from one TiVo box to another. It's that simple.

I thought, "Great! I can finally move all those shows from the HDXL to the Roamio...." I went TiVo.com. It knows about the HDXL, but it shows offline. Opened a case with TiVo. They said, "Legacy equipment not supported." I replied with the clip above. Reply to that was, "sorry for the misunderstanding".

Sigh. Don't they know the HDXL is a member of my family? It KNOWS me. I get angry when a member of my family is slighted!!!

Bob

TiVo - HDTiVo 1TB internal WD10EVCS

TiVo - Roamio Pro

Last edited by Softail95; 04-06-2016 at 11:48 AM.
Softail95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 12:01 AM   #2
CraigK
(unspecified)

I received the same email and went to TiVo Online to try it.

Our 2 TiVo HDs are listed in the "From" dropdown menu of the "Transfer Your Recordings" page along with our 2 Roamios.

When I try to select a TiVo HD from the menu I get the message...

"DVR is disconnected

Check Your DVR's Network Connection.
Please make sure your DVR is connected to your home network, then try again."

All the TiVos are in on the same home network and see each other.

The "To" dropdown menu only lists the Roamios.

I was going to give it some time to correct itself, but I guess maybe this will never actually happen with the TiVo HDs after all.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:30 PM   #3
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

There are a few things to enable transfers.

1. All of your Tivo boxes need to be on the same network.
2. All of your Tivo boxes need to have the same Media Access Key (MAK).
3. On Tivo.com, under DVR Preferences, your Tivo boxes needs to be listed, and all the boxes for each have their checkboxes checked for sharing, transfers. (It can take up to 24 hrs or more when they have not been enabled.)

You can go to the bottom of the shows folder and press Select on the other Tivo box and it should show all the shows to transfer (If not, see #3 above.)

When you start transfers and it says it will begin the transfer when previous shows are done, but there are none in the ToDo list, you should reboot that box.

Juliet Basic (4XL, PLS)

~~~~~

No Amazon Prime? Join
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and start streaming!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 12:34 AM   #4
CraigK
(unspecified)

I should have mentioned that I can transfer shows between the TiVo HDs and Roamios using the standard method. The online method doesn't seem to work with my TiVo HDs.

Has anyone got it to work with a TiVo HD or is it not supported by TiVo as Bob was told when he contacted them?

Old 04-08-2016, 02:51 PM   #5
ji0005

I am in the same boat. My TivoHD says "DVR is disconnected" when I try from the web, but I can transfer directly to the Bolt from the HD with the Bolt interface.

ji0005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 07:15 AM   #6
winter

Just came here to say "me too"

Same as others, saw the email, thought it was a great way to transfer old shows from my Series 3 HD to my Bolt, tried it and get the same "DVR Disconnected" error message on Tivo Online that CraigK posted.

Reviewed ThAbtO's checklist and all conditions are met:

1. All of your Tivo boxes need to be on the same network.
Yes, same subnet - actually attached to same switch. Both can successfully "call home"
2. All of your Tivo boxes need to have the same Media Access Key (MAK).
Verified
3. On Tivo.com, under DVR Preferences, your Tivo boxes needs to be listed, and all the boxes for each have their checkboxes checked for sharing, transfers. (It can take up to 24 hrs or more when they have not been enabled.)
Yes, did not have to make any changes - the settings have been this way since day one.

I can transfer shows one a time through the Bolt on-screen interface but I was really excited to use the web interface to move them all easily.

Why did Tivo send out an email with incorrect information? This seems like a great feature to entice people with older units to make the jump to the Bolt.

winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 06:04 PM   #7
miadlor

I have 3 TiVos and haven't been able to transfer a recording in any combination of units today. Streaming the shows works fine.

This went to south after trying to set up transfers on TiVo Online.

I've Cleared the to do lists and rebooted......same.

Last edited by miadlor; 04-09-2016 at 06:41 PM.
miadlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 09:38 PM   #8
Series3Sub

Unless I am misunderstanding something, I gleaned or remember from the text from the announcement the Transfer feature is desingend facilitate transfers in the case of UPGRADES, or in other words, only legacy (S1-2-3) TO S4-5-6, but not the other way around nor for any legacy to legacy transfers. If I didn't get it right, let me know.

Series3Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 12:39 PM   #9
Softail95
Early Adopter

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Series3Sub View Post
Unless I am misunderstanding something, I gleaned or remember from the text from the announcement the Transfer feature is designed to facilitate transfers in the case of UPGRADES, or in other words, only legacy (S1-2-3) TO S4-5-6, but not the other way around nor for any legacy to legacy transfers. If I didn't get it right, let me know.
Since the HD shows up as 'disconnected', it is impossible to transfer programs either way--neither TO or FROM the HD. One cannot even use this as a method of moving programs after an upgrade.

TiVo - HDTiVo 1TB internal WD10EVCS

TiVo - Roamio Pro
Softail95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 05:37 PM   #10
sanjonny

They have recently disabled ALL of tivo online for the Series 3. Its causing all kinds of problems including download problems. I suggest contacting tivo so they bring it back

sanjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 10:17 AM   #11
reneg

I have the same issue with online.tivo.com with a disconnected Tivo HD.

I think that this issue and other issues (pushes not working, todo lists in kmttg being out of date) are interrelated. To me, it appears that Series 3 Tivos no longer syncs with the Tivo Mind servers. This means that anything involving a Series 3 Tivo and Tivo Mind servers are broken.

reneg is offline   Reply With Quote